QR Codes are exploding in use and is a technology that will change the way you market your products or services. QR stands for Quick Response and is a bar code that can be decoded by any smart phone with a QR reader.
With a smart phone, you can scan a QR code and be taken to a website for a company or product detail page. QR codes are going to be the latest way to “window” shop. For example, say you get a flyer in the mail about a new product. You can scan the QR code on that flyer and it will take you to a detail page about that product or service.
How Can a Business use QR Codes?
Here are a few examples of where you can put QR codes:
- Front or back of your business card.
- The sides of trucks and trailers.
- Product tags and packaging.
- Convention and event Name Tags.
- Restaurant menus.
- Point-of-sale receipts.
- Your brochures and other marketing materials.
- At your store to encourage happy customers to leave reviews at the store.
QR Codes could then be taken to a landing page of choice, for example:
- Opt-in for your monthly newsletter.
- Build your email list.
- Installation instructions.
- Directions to your business.
- Google, Yelp, other Internet reviews for your business.
- Link To Your Online Content Blog or video.
- Summary of your professional services on your website.
- Link To Your Contact Information.
- Valuable coupons and special offers.
- Recommendations for complementary products and services.
- Customer feedback forms.
These are only a few of the possibilities we will start seeing businesses use. Are you beginning to see the vast potential QR Codes will offer for your customers? To simply scan and send them to a dedicated page on your website for additional valuable information? Powerful stuff!